August 20, 2022 at Ala Moana Beach Park Magic Island
Though 2021 marked the first time that O‘ahu’s Visitor Industry Charity Walk was hosted in a virtual format, there was nothing that got between us and our goal of providing support to more than a hundred charities, nonprofits, and other various organizations that count on this event to help them achieve their missions. In 2019, we raised more than $500,000 that was eventually distributed across the island to organizations dealing with homelessness, youth, social welfare, mental and physical health, and our environment amongst a myriad of other issues. This year’s walk returns to an in-person event and promises to be filled with festive fun, good food, and great entertainment.
Course Marshal volunteer application form available here
The big event is just days away and we wanted to give you a heads up on a few items before the walk:
• Wrist bands are now available for pick up before the walk from Wednesday through Friday from 9am-5pm at the HLTA office located at 2270 Kalakaua Ave Honolulu, HI 96815. We are in the Waikiki Business Plaza (think Sky Waikiki and the H&M clothing store). We are doing roadside pickup and drop off so when you arrive, please park on Seaside avenue along the yellow curb and give us a call at 808-923-0407.
• We recommend that you designate a point of contact to pick up the wrist bands on either one of these days and distribute it to your team. If you are not able to, we are handing out wrist bands the day of the walk at our registration tables.
• Registration will be open from 5 AM and the walk starts at 7 AM at Ala Moana Beach Park Magic Island. As a friendly reminder, the walk is 5.25 miles so please bring a water bottle, dress cool, wear closed toe shoes, and use sunscreen.
• Along the route we will have a number of checkpoints handing out goodies, as well as pizza at the finish line. After you return from the walk, please note that there is no special programming but feel free to hang out and eat your lunch.
• Recommended parking: Coral Level of the Ala Moana Shopping Center parking (directly across from Ala Moana Beach Park). Alternative options include Ala Moana Beach Park, Magic Island, McCoy Pavillion, and Ward Center. Carpooling is always recommended!
All grant funding must be used to fund programs in the County in which the funds were raised and utilized to benefit that community. An organization must apply separately to each county for funding to be used in that county.
Funds will not be granted for capital fund drives, purchase of tangible real property or personal property, or interest or reduction of deficits or loans.
501(c)3 non-profit organizations in the state of Hawaii are eligible to apply for Visitor Industry Charity Walk Grants. Grants will be considered on the basis of an organization’s community impact and may vary widely in scope and size. Grants are not a source of guaranteed continuous funding.
2022 Grant Applications are closed and no longer being accepted.
Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association donated funds to 123 nonprofit organizations on Oahu with money raised during HLTA’s annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk, which was held in May.
The Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association’s 41st Annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk generated a record $2.66 million statewide which benefited scores of charities across the state.
The 2018 Visitor Industry Chairty Walk got started on May 19 at Ala Moana Beach Park's McCoy Pavilion. The statewide event, now in its 40th year, raises money for local nonprofits.
View traffic advisory for this Saturday's event.