Mahalo for making the Oahu Charity Walk a success! With your help we've raised over $425,000 for local nonprofits across Oahu!
>>Click Here to View Map
*Stamp cards will be available at the breakfast rally and at the beginning of the walk.
*Parking will be available at:
May 21, 2016
1. START - McCOY PAVILION’S KEY HOLE PARKING LOT Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa
2. ALA MOANA BEACH PARK Ala Moana Hotel
3. ALA WAI PROMENADE Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort
4. ALA WAI PROMENADE DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki & Hawaii Convention Center
5. DFS HAWAII
6. KALAKAUA AVENUE Mauka sidewalk
7. KALAKAUA AVENUE Makai sidewalk
8. ROYAL HAWAIIAN CENTER
9. WAIKIKI BEACH WALK ON LEWERS
10. HALEKULANI Halekulani & Waikiki Parc Hotel
11. HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE WAIKIKI BEACH RESORT
12. HAWAII PRINCE HOTEL WAIKIKI & GOLF CLUB Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki & Golf Club & Oceanic Time Warner Business Class
13. ALA MOANA BEACH PARK Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental
14. ALA MOANA BEACH PARK Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
15. ALA MOANA BEACH PARK The Modern Honolulu
16. ALA MOANA BEACH PARK Aqua-Aston Hotels & Resorts
17. FINISH & LUNCH -- McCOY PAVILION’S KEY HOLE PARKING LOT AREA (ALA MOANA BEACH PARK Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Waikiki
WALK START & FINISH
Ala Moana Beach Park, Ewa end of McCoy Pavilion
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
7:00 a.m. (all walkers must be walking by 7:00 a.m.)
Ala Moana Shopping Center (corner of Atkinson and Ala Moana Blvd.)
Magic Island parking lot or street parking
(Ala Moana keyhole area will be closed off)
THE CHARITY WALK
Gives everyone a chance to raise money for Hawai`i’s charities. Walk with the Hawai`i Lodging & Tourism Association and their members to help build a better, healthier Hawai`i, for all of us.
WHO MAY WALK?
The Hawai`i Lodging & Tourism Association invites everyone of every age to walk. Those under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult and walkers under the age of 18 must have this application signed by a parent or guardian. All walkers should have minimum donations regardless of age (see front of form). Please note that pets are NOT allowed on the Charity Walk.
WHEN IS THE CHARITY WALK?
The Visitor Industry CHARITY WALK is Saturday, May 21, 2016.
WHERE IS THE CHARITY WALK?
The starting point for the Oahu CHARITY WALK is McCoy Pavilion, Ala Moana Beach Park.
WHAT IS THE CHARITY WALK?
In 1974 the Hawai`i Lodging & Tourism Association sponsored a charitable “Superwalk”to benefit one major charitable organization. In 1979, the Hawai`i Lodging & Tourism Association members voted to extend the reach of support offered by the Walk’s fund-raising capability.
The Visitor Industry CHARITY WALK is the result of this decision. All Hawaii non-profit charities are eligible to benefit. Walkers are treated to food, drink and fun at checkpoints along the walk route. All checkpoints are operated and supplied with refreshments and helpers by Hawai`i hotels and allied organizations. Entertainment may also be provided at many checkpoints and at the end of the walk.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR THE CHARITY WALK?
Sign up online here or download this walk form. For further information, call the Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association office or the representative on your island:
Oahu (808) 923-0407, Hawai'i Lodging & Tourism Association
Kauai (808) 240-6452, George Thronas, Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa
Hawaii Island (808) 333-9768, Samantha Jayakumar, HLTA Hawai‘i Island Chapter
Maui (808) 244-8625, Maui Hotel & Lodging Association
Molokai (808) 244-8625, Maui Hotel & Lodging Association
Lanai (808) 244-8625, Maui Hotel & Lodging Association
For more information on HLTA click here
Walkers will present the downloadable walk form at the CHARITY WALK, unless pre-registered online. Of course, walkers may sign up as many sponsors as they like and collect donations prior to the walk to submit during registration. Walkers may sponsor themselves.
|Charity Walk Hawaii||